Pickleball Canada National Open Championships July 6 - 7, 2013 Tournament Information and Social Dinner Schedule
A Booklet of Schedule of Events, Hotel information, Driving Information, Tournament Information, Social dinner information has been sent out to all 230 registered participants this week.
There will be 6 events in Round Robin format: 55+ and 70+ Men's Doubles, 55+, 60+, 65+ and 70+ Women's Doubles. The other 15 events are all Double Elimination format.
Players List will be emailed to all registered participants next week. Please check to make sure your name is entered in the events you have registered in.
The draws will be posted the morning of the National touranment July 6th at ARC.
• Players must sign waivers at registration desk before playing. A Player Meeting will be held at 8:00 am on July 6 in Gym 1 at ARC.
• Round Robin format games to 11, win by two. If no winner by 14, the first team scoring
15 points wins. Medal positions decided by the most matches won. In the event of a tie,
the team with the most points wins. If still tied, the team with the most points in the
match against the other team wins.
• Double Elimination format: 1 game to 15, win by one, the first team scoring 15 points
wins. Lower bracket: 1 game to 11, win by two, if no winner at 14, first team scoring
15 points wins.
• Head referee or his/her assignee will handle any disputes. Their decision is final.
• International Federation of Pickleball Rules. No non-conforming equipment permitted.
• Green Jugs indoor ball will be used.
• Red wrist bands provided to first servers on both teams. Name tags provided.
• It is the players responsibility to be at the court ready to play when their match is called.
A player or team may forfeit the match if they are not ready to play at the scheduled
• Two minute warm up allowed. Two one-minute time outs per team per match if
• Coins will be available at court side to decide first serve or sides.
• Winners responsible for providing the score to a scorekeeper.
• Gold medal matches in Double Elimination will be refereed.
• Medals will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishers immediately after each
event at ARC.
• Photographs will be taken at the Player Meeting and medal presentations.
• Prize draw at 1:00 pm on Sunday July 7. You must be present or have someone present
for you to win a draw prize.
• No break in play for lunch. Lunch will be available at 12pm to 1:30pm for registered
• NO food or drink on the courts.
Join us for a social dinner at 6:30pm on Saturday July 6 at thePhoenix Lounge on 33780 King Road, Abbotsford.
The Phoenix Lounge & Global Dining are both located next to each other across from the
Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre. The cost of dinner is NOT included in the
National tournament. Each player will need to pay their own bill.
$10.00 Dinner Special Menu offered are:
1. Hi-Rise Burger -grilled 1/4 pound Prime Rib burger garnished with all the trimmings
2. The Margherita 10” pizza topped with fresh basil, tomato and rich tomato sauce, toppedwith melted Mozzarella, Monterey Jack & Bocconcini cheese.
3. Old Style fish & chips cod loin in a light beer batter, served with fries and tartar sauce.
Other items on the menu and drinks can be purchased at the regular price